If you seek the correct installation of spark plugs, a special torque wrench must be applied. Any professional torque wrench for spark plugs allows installing the parts in compliance with the required torque, which is specified in the manufacturer’s guidelines.
What can happen if you do not use a special tool to screw spark plugs?
Most breakdowns associated with spark plugs occur due to improper installation and failure to comply with the tightening torque. A plug that is not tightened to the required value can cause the following breakdowns of your vehicle:
- Possible loss of compression;
- Overheated plugs;
- Vibrations can break the centerpiece electrode or insulator;
On the contrary, a properly tightened spark plug can lead to the following consequences:
- You can provoke a breakdown of the upper insulator and then damage it. Because of this, it begins to scroll around its axis;
- Using a lot of effort, you can break the plug;
- Strong tightening can lead to expansion of the body, disrupting normal heat dissipation;
As you can see, hauling the spark plugs may lead to unpleasant consequences. Please when installing spark plugs, use a proper torque wrench.
What best torque wrenches for spark plugs I recommend:
- TACKLIFE is the best pick with the most accurate range – 13.6-108.5 Nm (4%);
- TEKTON 24330 is also great due to the 24-tooth gear ratchet;
- EPAuto is a quite lengthy instrument with the same parameters;
Pay attention to the fact that the package of any spark plug must indicate the torque used during the installation of a vehicle’s engine. Based on this value, it is necessary to choose a specific torque wrench for plugs.
Interesting Video: TEXTON and TACKLIFE Torque Wrench Review
I hope my review was helpful and your choice becomes easier. However, I am always open to your feedback and ready to update my review with other instruments if you explain their advantages. Wait for your response!