Choose the Best EPAuto Torque Wrench
Customer’s Choice: the Best Rated EPAuto Torque Wrenches
24 users answered this survey. Please help us improve this review!
EPAuto stands for a well-known U.S. manufacturer of automotive tools and parts of the highest quality. All the EPAuto tools are produced and tested to meet the highest industry requirements in their Taiwan factory. Their torque wrenches can be recommended to those users who professionally or occasionally do the repairs of cars, bikes, trucks, and bicycles.Any EPAuto torque wrench has the primary function of tightening a bolt with a particular torque environment. You can’t do this easily with a regular wrench and it’s a guessing game most of the time that ends in either an over or under-torque of the part.
For better leverage and the ability to manage up to 250 ft.-lbs, most EPAuto multi-functional wrenches feature longer handles than any other similar tools. Bear in mind that torque wrenches can round or crack sockets that are poorly made, so be sure to use a high-quality socket kit to prevent any problems.
Are you looking for the top-notch EPAuto torque wrenches? Check the following guidelines along with the comparison table to pick the best wrench for your daily needs. The guide covers professional and hobbyist torque wrenches made by this reputable brand.
EPAuto 1/2-Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench – the best for the handle!Other characteristics provide precision at +/-3 percent for the clockwise direction, while +/-4 percent for the counter-clockwise direction. The handle has 2 sides, with both foot-pound and newton meter calibration, making it easier to set up and read the torque with a marking scale. In addition, the easy release buttons are conveniently positioned to allow users to remove the sockets or fasten them.
- Reliable and simple
- Knurled handle
- Easy to adjust
- Quite wide torque range
- Satin finish
- Not recommended for the beginners
The pinpoint precision and the easily adjustable lock are some of the best features of this wrench, along with hard construction, making it a good choice for medium-sized projects. Depending on the project, its wide torque range is also a benefit for addressing various rotational force needs.
EPAuto 1/4-Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench – the best for storage!
When the preset torque requirement is fulfilled in the clockwise direction, the click sound will warn you. And, indeed, because of its high contrast scale, the marks are clearly noticeable. In addition, you will obtain a click sound that will tell you that the value has been reached so that you can avoid applying force right there.
- Comes with a durable plastic case
- The high-contrast scale
- Easy to reach in the tight places
- The ratchet mechanism is very durable
- The accuracy issues may happen
- Not for the heavy-duty use
Thanks to a satin finish on the body, this wrench is immune to corrosion. It is intended to last longer than other wrenches. This product is lightweight and smaller than some other EPAuto wrenches. It weighs only 1.76 lbs. The knurled handle offers a non-slip grip that is very comfortable on the wrist even after the hours of hard work.
EPAuto 3/8-Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench – the best for accuracy!
This torque wrench’s convenient, compact design makes it simple to store in a number of different locations, with its case being both secure and also small. Thanks to its dual-contrast nature, the dual-range scale is simple to read despite its size, and the entire instrument has a corrosion-resistant satin finish that may hold it protected from natural damage in a variety of bad weather and storage conditions.
As with many wrench types, when you have reached your pre-set torque stage, it retains the helpful “click” sounds that tell you to improve your accuracy without affecting the tool’s design or functionality.
- Bi-measurement scale
- Loud audible click
- Corrosion-resistant feature
- Doesn’t come with adapters like other EPAuto wrenches
- The scale is not laser engraved
Without dragging down your toolkit or standing in the way of your other tools, this wrench is very thin, flexible and can help you adjust fasteners. In both directions, the ratchet head twists, but it only calculates torque when rotated clockwise.
The handle features a knurled design that helps to retain the grip of the user while turning, and simple measurements and conversions are made possible by the dual-range scale.
EPAuto 1/2-Inch 25-250 ft.-lb. Torque Wrench – the best for heavy-duty tasks!
Underneath the handle, users may adjust and lock the torque setting. This wrench is better for medium-lug nuts than other 20-150 ft-lb wrenches used.
- Easy to adjust thanks to the in-built tension screw
- Works properly even on its max torque range
- Can handle heavy-duty tasks
- Won’t help with the screws in tight places
- The numbers on the scale are small
You may use this instrument on any small-to-medium lug nuts, caliper mount bolts and transmission pan plugs.
EPAuto 1/2-Inch Drive by Breaker Bar –the best for design!
The treated steel moly flex head is also of interest, providing you with the requisite torque from any angle. It also features a spring-loaded ball bearing, which assists to properly secure sockets to ensure that the work runs as smoothly as possible.
- The great design with a long breaker bar
- Powerful and durable
- Can cope with tough and rusty nuts
- The coating could be better
- Hard to use for beginners
Another positive feature – an adjustable built handle that makes it simple to grasp and comfortable to use, much like some of these customizable pipe wrenches.
The Buyer’s Guide
Major types of EPAuto torque wrenches:
- EPAuto click torque wrenches are one of the most common types of torque wrench on the U.S. market. With this type of torque wrench, all you have to do is set the desired torque value on the wrench on the torque scale. And then start turning the handle until hearing a loud click. This is when the click wrench is ready for use. One of the key benefits of the click wrench is that it is incredibly quick to use, extremely reliable and gives you an audible click so that you know at all times whether a nut or bolt is over-tightened. The main drawback is that regular calibration is necessary.
- EPAuto electric or digital instruments are similar to the above click torque wrench, but fitted with an LCD screen that shows you the torque value and it will have a small speaker that emits sound instead of an audible click produced by the gear system. In general, electric wrenches are more costly than other forms of EPAuto wrenches on the market. This type of instrument is mainly intended for casual users who, without the need for advanced calibration, require a sophisticated torque wrench. The electric torque wrench is not as strong as a click torque wrench preferred by the majority of professional car shop mechanics.
- EPAuto beam tools have a large mechanical scale that can show you with great precision the amount of torque available at the wrench tip. In addition, the handle of the beam wrench normally has the form of a ball, so that the accuracy of the reading is not compromised. It may be recommended for the responsive work.
- EPAuto dial torque wrenches have a wide dial that shows you the value of torque at all times. It is precise and intended for effective tightening of delicate nuts and bolts. The dial torque wrench is the instrument you need for the job if you need to find the specific torque value of a nut or a bolt.
The purpose of the application
The most important thing to remember when buying a torque wrench is the purpose of the application. There are many varieties of torque wrenches, and some are better for a particular job than the others. A torque wrench for automotive purposes, for example, will have an extension accessory to remove spark plugs quickly and effortlessly. Other tools do not need such an extension breaker bar.
The drive size
They will tell you if you ask any handyman or mechanic that there is always one size that you need rather than others. Therefore, it could be essential to look for the specific square drive size for your torque wrench.
In addition, when using this product, it is vital to have as many accessory bits as possible with various sizes to accommodate various nut and bolt sizes on the U.S. market for more versatility and durability.
The torque wrench handle is the part of the unit you are carrying that allows you to get direct access to the device. It is also responsible for moving the torque to the accessory bit from the gear scheme.
That is why the handle must be secure and long enough so that you can use it for an extended period of time in all comfort without causing you to exhaust your hand. In general, for heavy-duty use, any handle of at least 12 inches is good enough.
Furthermore, ensure that soft rubber material is coated with the grip handle that is both secure and anti-slip. As you will have a stronger grip on the torque wrench handle, an anti-slip handle will facilitate success and avoid hand fatigue over time.
In short, precision in a wrench is simply the efficiency of the gear system to pass the torque to the accessory bit. In fact, an appropriate standard for a torque wrench is +/-4 percent clockwise accuracy and +/-6 percent anticlockwise accuracy.
One of the greatest things about the EPAuto wrench is that it will enable you to obey the guidelines on nuts and bolts for manufacturer torque. Their premium tools will also stop you from over-tightening your vehicle’s nuts and bolts, causing unnecessary damage. In addition, as tightening or loosening jobs with the torque wrench are simple and fast, you will also be more efficient.