Choose the Best Tekton 1/2 Torque Wrench
Customer’s Choice: the Best Rated Tekton 1/2 Torque Wrenches
11 users answered this survey. Please help us improve this review!
Tekton is a family-based company located in Michigan. The business is headquartered in Grand Rapids and has been serving consumers for more than 50 years.This company creates a broad variety of high-quality torque wrenches tailored to meet both requirements and budgets. It’s not the most expensive brand, however you can depend on it.
With this Tekton 1/2 drive torque wrench guide, you’ll find a range of premium models. Each of them is built to take on a specific set of work, provide a unique range of skills, and include a variety of features.
Reasons to choose Tekton torque wrenches:
- Budget-friendly tools;
- Each tool comes with a warranty;
- High-quality materials as durable steel;
- The ratchet head design is superior;
- Ergonomic handle with a comfort grip;
- Pre-calibrated for better accuracy;
Besides individual reviews of each torque wrench in the list, you may also check the comparison table with major specifications. The buying guide can also help to pick the best Tekton tool in this category.
TEKTON 24335 Wrench– the best for durability!
The Tekton 24335 has a robust, smooth and chip-free structure of steel that does not include any plastic or wearable components. The removable drive ratchet head is constructed of Cr-V steel and the non-slip handle that is firm.
- Has a reversible ratchet design;
- Drives in both sides;
- Loud click;
- Made of durable steel;
- A dual-range for measuring torque;
- Won’t measure torque in the counter-clockwise direction;
- Hard to use for novices;
- Not suitable for heavy-duty use;
The Tekton 24335 is a great investment when it comes to the perfect wrench for light to moderate uses. If you’re searching for an incredibly cheap, top-notch wrench that will last for years, the Tekton 24335 will be a good buy for you.
TEKTON 24340 Wrench– the best for heavy-duty use!
With this Tekton 24340 wrench, you can handle some larger jobs with ease. In fact, it provides between 25-250 ft-lbs. of tightening power. It is a longer tool than many of the others, but that helps it to be more capable. It also comes with a high-contrast dual-range scale to check the numbers in low-light situations. With the reversible ratchet head, you can also work in either counterclockwise or clockwise directions with +/- 4% accuracy.
- Comes with a storage case;
- Good for heavy-duty use;
- Etched numbers on the handle;
- Ergonomic handle;
- Lifetime warranty;
- Easy to use;
- Not as precise as other Tekton wrenches;
The tool would not wear out as quickly or fall because plastic pieces are not included. Plus, the business backs it with a restricted lifetime guarantee. It’s well constructed, aesthetically pleasing and long enough to give you good help when tightening large fasteners.
TEKTON 24335 Wrench With Adapters– the best for versatility!
The various torque and body numbers are simple and quick to understand. It even comes with its compact injection molded carrying case. This prevents it from hard operating environments, severe climates, dirt, grime and grease.
This Tekton wrench comes with a reducer and 4-piece impact adapter. The set is ready for many uses and applications. The tool was specifically designed for use with impact drivers.
- Includes useful adapters;
- Lou click;
- Has a manual and storage case;
- Made of Cr-V steel;
- High-contrast range;
- Reversible ratchet head;
- The dial is not smooth in high torque ranges;
- The font size could be larger;
Although this tool has a thousand and one applications, the sturdy 18-inch long handle allows it the best tool for the backyard mechanic to easily loosen and repair tire lug bolts with the correct OEM torque specs.
TEKTON 2440 Wrench– the best for accuracy!
- Sealed mechanism for better accuracy;
- Precise pre-calibration;
- Steel construction;
- Durable handle;
- Reversible drive;
- Dual-range scale;
- Hard to use;
- Limited warranty;
- Vague foot-pound measurements;
Does exactly what it’s supposed to do – quickly and accurately. A must-have wrench for any toolbox.
TEKTON SHA21124 Wrench– the best for portability!Sleek and easy, the extra-long handle allows you the ability to effortlessly remove the sturdy nuts and bolts. Its smooth surface has a chrome-plated coating that is corrosion-resistant and simple to maintain.
- Fits any toolbox;
- Long and ergonomic handle;
- 90-tooth gear;
- Quick-release drive;
- Compact head;
- Not suitable for heavy-duty use;
The reversible ratchet gear is activated at all times, avoiding sliding or free-wheeling.
The Buyer’s Guide
- Very light duty. These wrenches range from 15-75 ft.-lbs. This torque set includes basic rules of maintenance such as oil drain plugs, spark plugs, valve caps and similar fasteners;
- Light duty. Such instruments have a torque of between 30-150 ft.-lbs. Most of the automotive repairs fall within this range. In other terms, without a wrench in this selection, you won’t be able to finish any of the car repairs. Popular maintenance needs within this category involve headlocks, lug nuts, and caliper locks;
- Moderate duty. The range of such instruments is about 50-250 ft.-lbs. Although fewer fasteners come into this category than light-duty fasteners, there are vital applications. Any of the popular vehicle fastening applications within this range are axle bolts, nuts and bolts, hitches, etc.;
- Heavy-duty uses. These massive instruments are between 120 – 600 ft.-lbs. of torque. Popular uses involve driveline parts and bearings as well as a significant part of the work used in transfer cases and differentials;
- Very heavy duty. These fasteners need a torque of between 200 and 1,000 ft.-lbs. or even higher numbers. Applications require sprockets of the camshaft and harmonic balancers. Off-road or racing vehicles may also need torque applications in the range;
If you are operating on an application that needs torque to a particular value that stays constant, a preset torque wrench is a reasonable alternative. Preset wrenches are factory-calibrated to a particular value. If this value has been met, the extra torque can’t be added.
Pre-set wrenches are picked to keep the user from changing the torque settings. If your project needs a shift in the value of the torque, the manufacturer will reset the torque to the new value. Preset torque wrenches are often ideal in production line settings or systems where the wrench is often used in a particular repetitive application.
Adjustable wrenches give the user freedom to set the required torque value for each particular use. Such wrenches have a scale, typically represented in metric and imperial values.
The most popular measurements are inch/pound, foot/pound and newton/meter. Regardless of the size of the customizable torque wrenches, it is necessary to pick the ideal torque value inside the lower and upper limits in precise increments.
Certificate of calibration
The torque wrench should contain a certification of factory calibration that indicates that the tool has been examined and checked at the manufacturer’s plant. The final check happens before the shipping and it should not overpass the accuracy range. Torque keys with incomplete or expired calibration certificates can never be used.
For sensitive applications, you can invest in third party testing and qualification to guarantee that the torque wrench is correctly balanced.
Quality systems such as ISO require and stipulate planned calibration cycles in many businesses and sectors. In such industries as aviation and shipping, regular tests are carried out on site of the resistance of every torque wrench.
A premium grade wrench would also contain text stating that the wrench has been tuned to a torque level traceable to the N.I.S.T. (National Institution of Standards & Technology).
All wrenches should be re-calibrated at least once a year or after 5000 cycles. A frequent calibration is firmly recommended if the instrument is used on a daily basis. As the torque wrenches are kept in their safe cases at their lowest setting as they exit the plant, the tuning rule for one year starts until the first application of the weapon.
The key reason for selecting any Tekton tool is simple – they deliver the best quality in the U.S. market. However, being the best tools does not suggest that any Tekton torque wrench is the best pick for everybody. That’s why the brand creates variants of wrenches that can satisfy a variety of requirements. Hopefully, you will find the torque wrench according to your needs.